In the spring of 1996, brothers Jim and Steve Croghan founded Croghan Farm & Truck by pooling resources and spreading the word. And the word was busy for better part of the next two decades. Here’s an outline of what’s happened at Croghan AutoCare, Ltd:
Over a period of twenty years, Croghan Farm and Truck became Croghan AutoCare, Ltd. Here’s how:
- 1996– Croghan Farm & Truck was founded by Jim and Steve Croghan in the spring of 1996. Trucks, tractors, combines, cars and pickups were part of the everyday repairs for the business. Snow plowing and snowmobile repair were even part of the offerings for the first several years.
- 1998– The first computer is installed in the office and shortly thereafter the computerized scan tools began to find their way into the tool boxes.
- 2000– Jim Croghan purchases the business outright and starts to narrow the scope to automotive and light truck repair. Soon Croghan Farm & Truck partnered with NAPA Auto Parts by becoming a NAPA AutoCare. The first automotive lift was purchased and additional automotive specific shop equipment was purchased. Automotive and light truck service would be the backbone of the business.
- 2006– In order to more accurately reflect the scope of the business, the Croghan Farm & Truck name was changed to Croghan AutoCare ltd. By now, two automotive lifts complemented the shop and several computer systems were installed to help with the modern automotive diagnostics and the administrative workload.
- 2007– The first office help was hired to address the ever increasing demands in the office.
- 2008– A part-time mechanic is added to the roster of employees to help with the increasing workload.
- 2010– We added an additional full time mechanic to the roster of employees bringing the total to four.
- 2012– The website is built and Croghan AutoCare, Ltd. jumps on the worldwide web. This helps local folks find us easily and also makes life a little easier for those having car problems while traveling on nearby I-71.
- 2016– Recently we have added the Facebook page (a Facebook link button can be found on the home page of this website) and texting to the landline to better keep in contact with our customers. We now have a total of 4 mechanics on staff and help nearly 60 folks a month with repairs to their cars and pickup trucks.
For over twenty years, Croghan AutoCare. ltd., has the local and traveling community with quality automotive repair. We look forward to the future to write more history to put our over 52 years of experience to work for you. Call us today to get started.